Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Things i miss

4 years ago i was single. I love my life now. wife, mommy, teacher, and cook but there are things I miss.

I miss meeting new people all the time. Don't get me wrong I don't want to go out and meet a new guy but i miss going out with a group of friends and meeting people at the club or bar or comedy house that I was unlikely to ever see again but still bonded with over music and laughter.

I miss the freedom of getting up on my day off and just going to the beach. No planning a week in advance or taking an hour to get out the door and no lugging around 20 extra pounds of stuff.

But that is all I miss.

I don't miss the loneliness. The looks from people as i would sit alone in a cafe reading that said 'the poor girl is all alone".

I don't miss the guys who thought of me as desperate and easy because i was not dancing with one guy in particular.

i guess just looking at my life over the last 4 years and the changes that have happened it seems like that single girl was just so lost...but having fun trying to find her way!

No comments: