Thursday, December 29, 2011

her it comes...there it goes...

in exactly two weeks (and I do mean exactly down to the minute) I will have a two year old. *sigh* not sure yet how I feel about it. I am loving the stage she is in right now. she tells me things in her sweet little baby babble voice and more and more the babble is being replaced by words and sentences. I know I will miss this. sitting on my lap and reading me a story (with the book upside down because that is how smart my child is) and while when I read her the pokey little puppy it's about a well pokey little puppy...when she reads it...the little puppy isn't so much pokey...but a master of destruction (or at least I think thats the message she is trying to convey) When she is tryinig to help me sweep the kitchen or helping me cook dinner. I think back to last year. When she had soft downy short baby hair. Before she started even walking. when her words werre mama and dada and before her teeth all came in. and I miss that to. watching her learn everything. seeing things through her...a bird was something amazing the ducks were strange awsome alien creatures. and then I think of two years ago. her peachy soft new baby skin. her downy infant hair. the new baby smell. How warm she was when the midwife put her on my chest. the first moment we looked into each others eyes. how much I loved her. cuddling in bed just me and baby and D. a quiet happy family. I really really miss that. parenting hasn't all been puppies and rainbows but I choose to follow the sun and not the storm clouds.

No comments: