Monday, October 4, 2010

I am woman...hear me...puuuurrr...

I always considerd myself a femanist.
We are all equal.

When I was growing up I wanted to be an actress or a buisness woman.

I used to picture myself in buisness suits with sleek hair and great shoes making 100 thousand a year and living in a posh apartment in manhattan. I always wanted to be a mom. Always. But in my dreams I would send my 4 beautiful to a ritzy private school and have a maid to clean up my home.

I also had a really hot succesful husband and we would take great family vacations all over the world.

and all of this would be accomplished by the time I was 30.


I am 27.

Do I have a job making 100 thousand a year? no
Do I own even one buisness suit? nope
Do I have any of those things? yes!

I have a sexy husband who I love more than life.
I love my home.
I love my family.

And I am a stay at home mom.

I have a friend who sniffs and sticks her nose up at that.

Yes I stay home cook clean and take care of our child.

but it was my choice.

And that to me is the mark of true femanism.

I am not staying home because I have to...I am doing it because I want to.

No comments: