Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Skin Map...book review!!!

I freaking looove getting free books. especially when i enjoy them as much as I did this one...but before we begine...

I recived The Skin Map for free from Booksneeze. The views and opinions on this book are my own and in no way influenced by Booksneeze or Thomas Nelson Publishing.

ok on with the review.

The Skin Map by Stephen Lawhead.

I love mysteries. And I love mysteries that surround ancient secrets. like the davinci code and the National treasure movies.

So this little Gem was right up my ally. It was kind of a slow start and there is a lot of back and forth between characters, times, and worlds. but on the whole it sucks you in.

The Main Characters are well developed and the story flows. I love that each chapter has a descriptive title instead of just chapter 1 chapter 2 etc.

I was anticipating another "ancient brotherhood" type mystery and was pleasently surprised to find it had more to do with Ley lines than brotherhoods.

It did leave off in a cliffhanger and luckyu for me the next book in the series will be released in Sept. of this year. I look forward to purchasing it and continuing the journey.

No comments: