Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Leave and Cleave baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Genesis 2:24 The above verse is actually only the irst of four times the phrase Leave and Cleave is used in the bible referring to marriage. And i hate this verse. Well..I used to at least. I though it ment saying sianorga to your family as soon as you said I do. which with my first marriage..is what i did. HATED IT! but now...with my second marriage approching it's 2 year wedding anniversary (side note...my first marriage made it to two years...but no further) I actually really love this verse...and I now understand it. husbands and wives should cleave to one another Frankly I have had a hard time adjusting to this concept with marriage number two though. after losing my family for almost 5 years...I was not ready at all to lose them again. and this verse isn't saying that. It's simply stating the obvious. When you get married...your husband...is your family. you have to become one with him. yes it's about sex but it's also about the emotional and spiritual asspect of the relationship as well. This weekend we had a fight. it was partially about my spending habits (which are bad yall) but the undertone was i was so focused on makign sure evryone on my family was happy and got fair treatment and time with penny that i had put D.'s needs and time with us on the back burner (this happens every year around this time...the holidays..ugh!) I must stop this...seriously! lol on a side note...this time last year...d was at a temp job but we were still scared and unsure of what was going to happen. thanks to his amazing budgeting and money managment though...we never were late on a single bill and even though it has taken over a year...we are almost debt free with our credit cards...6 more months aand they will be paid off completely...WheW!!!

No comments: